Live Coronavirus Stats Overview
Live Coronavirus Stats (All Countries)
Sort by confirmed numbers.
|Country or Region||Cases||Deaths||Recovered|
Sri Lankan News Site's Updates
- Department of Motor Traffic reopened today
- Protests demanding relief continues
- Tense situation reported in Akurana
- Manusha raises concerns over appointments to commissions
- Concerns regarding media suppression raised in parliament
- “A hero never pillages the people” : Ranjan Ramanayake
- 04 COVID-19 deaths reported on Tuesday (24); death toll rises to 94
- Best judges to be appointed to Appeal Court : Sabry
- Pilleyan granted bail
- Development budget to elevate a shattered economy: PM
- Lock-down Colombo city for at least two weeks: Colombo Mayor
- Sri Lankans stranded overseas to arrive from Nov 18
- 30 per cent of Colombo’s high-risk areas test COVID positive
- Employees at 84 institutions allowed to use office ID as curfew passes
- Multiple scenarios emerge in hunt for patient zero
- Curfew will not be extended in several areas of Western Province after Monday - Army Chief
Sri Lankan News YouTube Channels to Follow
Sri Lanka Health Promotion Bureau & WHO
Sri Lankan Journalists Feeds
What is Coronavirus or COVID-19 virus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings become available.
How You Can Prevent Coronavirus in Sri Lanka?
What Are The Symptoms of Coronavirus or COVID-19?
The COVID-19 virus affects different people in different ways. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment.
People who have underlying medical conditions and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and death.
Common symptoms include:
- dry cough.
Other symptoms include:
- shortness of breath
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- and very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should self-isolate and contact their medical provider or a COVID-19 information line for advice on testing and referral.
People with fever, cough or difficulty breathing should call their doctor and seek medical attention.
Please share this page if you think it will help fellow Sri lankans. Also if you know any other verified or trust able sources for updates please share it in the comments and I will add them to the article too.
This is a fully non-monetized post shared for public welfare. All the resources & contents shared here are copyrighted respectively for the original authors and organizations.
Do you want to stay updated like a boss? 😎
If you don't want to miss any free courses & guides, check how you can stay connected.