Table of Contents: (Click to Scroll)
Live Coronavirus Stats Overview
Live Coronavirus Stats (All Countries)
Sort by confirmed numbers.
|Country or Region||Cases||Deaths||Recovered|
Sri Lankan News Site's Updates
- SC refuse to grant leave to proceed for all FR petitions
- Nihal Fonseka and Dr. Dushni Weerakon tender their resignation from the Monetary Board
- Maj. Gen. Jagath Gunawardena assumes duties as the new Chief of Staff of Army
- Suspect arrested over the shooting in Ratmalana
- UPDATE: COVID-19 cases rise to 1643
- Supreme Court to announce decision on election-related FR petitions tomorrow
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth, 94, pictured horseback riding during lockdown
- President orders stern action against people spreading Dengue
- I placed signature 21,000 times to extradite Mahendran from Singapore: MS
- Gaffoor Building in Colombo isolated
- Islandwide curfew to be imposed on Sunday
- We must never lower our guard Just because Govt. relaxed curfew
- Security beefed across SL as nationwide curfew comes into effect
- Not possible to hold election on June 20 under current situation: EC
- SC commences hearing FR petitions against General Election date
- HC sets aside Magistrate’s bail order on Rajitha
Sri Lankan News YouTube Channels to Follow
Sri Lanka Health Promotion Bureau & WHO
Sri Lankan Journalists Feeds
What is Coronavirus or COVID-19 virus?
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings become available.
How You Can Prevent Coronavirus in Sri Lanka?
What Are The Symptoms of Coronavirus or COVID-19?
The COVID-19 virus affects different people in different ways. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment.
People who have underlying medical conditions and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and death.
Common symptoms include:
- dry cough.
Other symptoms include:
- shortness of breath
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- and very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should self-isolate and contact their medical provider or a COVID-19 information line for advice on testing and referral.
People with fever, cough or difficulty breathing should call their doctor and seek medical attention.
Please share this page if you think it will help fellow Sri lankans. Also if you know any other verified or trust able sources for updates please share it in the comments and I will add them to the article too.
This is a fully non-monetized post shared for public welfare. All the resources & contents shared here are copyrighted respectively for the original authors and organizations.
We are new bloggers, so please share our with your friends and family to help us grow, and in turn, we will keep on providing useful content for you.
You can use social share buttons below.